Lemania Swiss Group of Schools is a leading actor in the field of private education. In order to complete the staff of its International Baccalaureate division, Lemania International School Altdorf is offering new teaching positions for the upcoming school year.
Lemania International School Altdorf believes in the curious nature of every child and our mission is to develop students as competent curious, and engaged global citizens who help to create a more caring and peaceful world.
We are convinced that curiosity of other cultures fosters intercultural respect and understanding in an international environment.
We believe that curiosity together with open-mindedness and compassion leads to excellence in achievement and every students’ realization of his or her true potential.
We believe that curiosity, in combination with a principled framework, encourages students in their learning process in key ways:
CORE VALUES AND GUIDING PRINCIPLES
We lead in innovative and creative problem solving, across local and global settings.
We endeavour to understand ourselves and our unique perspectives whilst respecting the perspectives, values and culture of others.
We take personal ownership of our actions and take responsibility as citizens of the world.
We understand the importance of multilingual communication, audience adaptation, and the virtue of listening in cooperating with others.
We learn to understand our strengths and weaknesses through a guided process of self-reflection and personal development.
We strive for academic excellence and support our students to develop their individual abilities to the highest level of their potential. We provide a high-quality international education, leading in pedagogy, innovation and global citizenship, within an intercultural environment.
We are committed to becoming an outstanding International Baccalaureate educational institution providing a challenging an well-rounded education to students from across the globe that imparts critical thinking skills, knowledge and a lifelong love of learning necessary for them to thrive as global citizens. We are committed to developing future generations of leaders prepared to tackle global challenges with confidence. We are committed to openness, inclusiveness, diversity, environmental sustainability and excellence in achievement.
Description of position:
Teachers at Lemania International School Altdorf are responsible for creating a favourable and motivating learning environment where students can demonstrate thoughtful and ethical behaviour and ensure that the values and principles of the IB learner profile are understood and respected within every member of the school community. Teachers will look to collaborate with other teachers and teach IBDP courses in one or more subject areas. They will support the personal and academic development of students and contribute to extra-curricular and CAS activities.
Here is a non-exhaustive list to illustrate the scope of responsibilities of the position. This of course may vary alongside the schools’ development.
Subject teacher responsibilities:
- Plan and teach lessons according to the IB curricula and make sure that the programme is aligned with IB criteria.
- Use a wide range of technologies and creative teaching styles.
- Support the individual needs of students within a group.
- Inform students about the requirements of internal assessments and help them plan their research, papers or Extended Essays.
- Regularly contribute to curriculum planning and development including interdisciplinary work when possible.
- Collaborate with colleagues to deliver effective team teaching when possible.
- Develop assessments following IB guidelines and use a wide range of formative assessment tools.
- Attend regular curriculum planning and student progress meetings.
- Keep parents informed about student progress.
- Attend parent meetings.
- Keep regular contact with students to evaluate their progress and to help them overcome their difficulties.
- Inform parents about student progress and make sure that they understand the IB requirements.
- Motivate students to be risk-takers in their learning environment and to strive for the best.
- Make sure that collaboration happens between students and promote group work.
- Keep the IB Coordinator informed about student progress and the difficulties that might arise.
- Make sure that the students are aware of the learning profile and that our policies are aligned with the IB